- Publications at IMSI
- Contact person for the R&D project 3DIcons
- Member of the Digital Curation Unit
- Thematic tags: User-generated content , Digital preservation , Digital curation , Digital libraries , Interoperability , Digital repositories , Knowledge representation , Knowledge organization , Semantic web
Dimitris Gavrilis is a Researcher with the Digital Curation Unit (DCU) of Athena Research Centre. He received his B.Sc. and Ph.D. in Computer Science, both from the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Patras in 2002 and 2007 respectively. Before joining DCU, he was in charge for the development of Digital Library services at the University of Patras Central Library, at the Panteion University Central Library and worked as an analyst/developer for various projects involving educational software and information systems. His research interests include:
- Pattern recognition and feature extraction.
- Web 2.0 technologies, such as social tag networks, folksonomies etc.
- Digital library architectures.